The library is made up of a dedicated team of professionals committed to making the system the best it can be for D.C. residents.
The staff has a variety of responsibilities, including services to the public, operations, fiscal management and carrying out policies made by the Board of Library Trustees.
The library administration includes:
- Chief Librarian, Ginnie Cooper
- Executive Officer, Gary Romero
- Chief Business Officer, Eric Coard
- Chief of Staff, Eva Poole
- Director of Public Services, Jennifer Giltrop
- Assistant Director, Public Library Services, Floyd Council
- Assistant Director, Public Library Services, Debra Shumate
- Associate Director for Collections, Elissa Miller
- Coordinator of Children and Youth Services, Micki Freeny
- Director of Human Resources, Barbara Kirven
- Director of Communications, Joi Mecks
- Chief Contracting Officer, Wayne Minor
- Director of Capital Projects and Facilities Management, Jeff Bonvechio
- Director of Information Technology & CIO, Lami Aromire
- Director of Public Safety, Mark Polk
- Intergovernmental Affairs Officer, Archie Williams
Library Administration Contact Numbers
Circulation Desk: 202-727-1579
Information Desk: 202-727-0321 or 202-727-0324
Executive Office: 202-727-1101
You can also contact us through our Contact page.