The DC Public Library Foundation raises private funds to provide programs, services and materials for the library.
- Put books on library shelves
- Provide learning opportunities for children and adults
- Increase access to media and technology
- Support cultural events
- Enhance library service capacity
- Provide funds for facility improvements
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so your donations are tax-deductible.
We love our relationships with all of our donors! Donors at the $50 level annually receive the benefits of joining the Literati; donors at the $1,200 level become Ex Libris Society members.
And you can get started today: Donate online.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept donations of books, but there are other ways you can help the library:
- Volunteer. Give your time to the library. Volunteers ages 14 to 104 welcome!
- Friends of the Library. This dedicated group of supporters volunteers and makes donations. Join today! (You can also donate books to some library Friends groups.)
- Library Sales. Other ways to support the library.
For further information, please call Linnea Hegarty at 202-727-4943.