Opportunities for Teens
Looking for a job, internship, or volunteer opportunities? We have you covered!
Opportunities at the Library
- Teen Council (not accepting applications at this time): Teen Council members are D.C. residents and between the ages of 14-19 years old. They work 12 hours per week from November - August, helping the library with important tasks and projects.
- Teen Volunteers: Earn community service hours for school as a Teen Library Helper at one of our neighborhood libraries.
Mayor Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program (MBSYEP)
DC Public Library will be a host site for Mayor Marion S. Barry's 2017 Summer Youth Employment Program (MBSYEP). Every summer, youth work in the neighborhood libraries by helping customers, shelve books, and learn new skills to put on their applications and resumes. Youth applications became available on January 27th, 2017 at 12:00pm. Applications must be received by Saturday, March 4th, 2017 (** date extended**)!
Other Jobs and Internships
- The Smithsonian is now recruiting for the Teen Docent Program. This program is open to local teens ages 15-18 years old, who are attending or recently graduated from high school. If you have an interest in libraries, museums, art, public speaking, and engaging with audiences of all ages, you can learn more and fill out an application here. Applications are due on March 1, 2017.
- Applications for the Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program are open now! Summer Immersion Programs are FREE 7-week summer programs for 10th-11th grade girls to learn computer science, get exposure to tech jobs and join a supportive sisterhood of thousands of girls across the US. Applications are due by March 17, 2017.
- The National Building Museum is accepting applications for the Investigating Where We Live summer program. Teens can earn up to 70 community service hours while taking great photos and designing one-of-a-kind exhibitions. Applications are due by March 26, 2017.