Scary Story Contest
Published on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 11:27am
Young writers from kindergarten through 8th grade are invited to write an original mystery, suspenseful thriller or humorous Halloween tale of a nonviolent nature. Please: no swearing in the stories. Winners will be chosen from each of the following categories: K -2nd • 3rd-5th • 6th-8th grade
- Stories must be completely original and signed by the author.
- Entries will be accepted beginning September 15, 2011. Entries must be received by October 15, 2011.
- Length: 600 words or less.
- One entry per person, please.
- Stories will not be returned, so please keep a copy for yourself.
Each first-place winner will receive a gift card for $25. Each second-place winner will receive a gift card for $20. Each third-place winner will receive a gift card for $15. All participants will be invited to read their stories during the Palisades Library Halloween Party Monday, October 31, at 3:30 p.m.
Bring your entry to the Palisades Library Children’s Reference desk.
Please pick up an entry form at the library. Entries with missing or incomplete forms will be disqualified.