Check Out the New Teen Space
Published on Monday, October 3, 2011 - 11:55am
Now that the mini-makeover is over, come and check out Southwest Library's new Teen Space. We have added four new Macs dedicated to the teens who use the library.
We also have programs for our opening week. Check it out!
- An introduction to DC Public Library research databases tailored toward teens in grades 9-12, Monday, October 3, 4:30 p.m.
- How to use Macs: an Introduction to using Macs in new teen space: Monday, October 3, 6:30 p.m.
- Teen Book Club starts on Tuesday, October 4, at 4 p.m.
- “Write What You Like”: A workshop for teens to explore various forms of creative writing from journaling and blogging to poetry and creative nonfiction. Starts on Wednesday, October 5, at 6:30 p.m.
- Wiki with John Davis, Ph.D.: Learn how to add content to Wikipedia and other public wikis! Don’t just be a browser, be a contributer! Wednesday, October 5, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Literary Scavenger Hunt: Look for literary clues all over the library, and win a prize! Friday, October 7 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.