Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
|From Ella’s Diary: Tuesday, October 25, 2011|
Princess Leia. That’s who I am going to be for Halloween this year. Princess Leia is the lovely lady from Star Wars. I’ve read all about her in the Star Wars Encyclopedia by Simon Beecroft. My ears will make lovely side buns like the princess. I’m so excited! I love to get dressed up.
Tonight at the library I heard a Halloween story: Maisy’s Halloween by Lucy Cousins. Maisy did not dress up as Princess Leia for Halloween. Check out the book to see her costume!
Speaking of costumes, tonight the families made Doggie Disguises. If you’d like to dress up as a dog for Halloween or just feel like doing a project, then maybe you’d like to make one. Here’s what you need and what you do:
Doggie Disguise CraftSupplies
• 1 paper cup
• Pair of scissors
• Bits of shiny brown or black paper
• 1 large black pom pom
• 1 paper hole puncher
• 2 pieces of cord/yarn/string each approximately 10” long
• Liquid glue
1. Punch two holes, one in each side of the paper cup.
2. Thread one cord in each hole, and tie a knot to secure.
3. Cut and glue shiny paper to the cup in a collage-style.
4. Glue the pom pom to the bottom of the cup to make the doggie’s nose.
5. Put the doggie muzzle over your nose, and tie the cord behind your head to secure.
6. Enjoy your doggie disguise craft, or give it to someone to enjoy.
Well, I need to channel my inner princess, so if you’ll excuse me. … I have some reading to do! The Princess and the Frog by Lisa Marsoli, Princess Tiana and the Royal Ball by Natasha Tarpley and The Very Smart Pea and the Princess to Be by Mini Grey are waiting for me.
Au revoir mes amis!
Ella, PAL dog extraordinaire
Read Ella’s September 22, 2010 Diary
Read Ella’s November 10, 2010 Diary
Read Ella’s December 8, 2010 Diary
Read Ella’s March 8, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s April 26, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s June 14, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s July 19, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s September 13, 2011 Diary