Read With Me
DC Public Library offers a specially designed summer reading program for children birth to five years old with their parent or care giver.
Win prizes while fostering a love of reading with your child.
Visit your library to sign up and receive a game board filled with fun activities that will help your child get ready to learn to read.
How did you enjoy Summer Reading? Fill out the Summer Reading survey.
How to Play
- Complete four activities on the reading log to win a Sing, Talk & Read placemat.
- Complete eight activities to win a free kids meal at Chipotle and a book to keep -- kids younger than two win a plush baseball and a book (while supplies last).
- Upon completion, your child also will be entered into a raffle for a basket of books, a "first library" for your child.
The Library has lots of helpful resources for parents of babies and young children.
- Watch a kid's video book
- Check out the Library's collection of audiobooks
- Attend a story time at the Library
- Enjoy special performances for young children
- Find leveled reading lists
Check our calendar for fun events at the library all summer.