Word I Basics
Learn basic word-processing features that can help you to create letters, résumés, faxes and other documents that are used to apply for jobs. Seats will be filled on a first-come, space-available basis.
Instructor: D. Taylor
Computer Lab, Room 311
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well and the skills acquired in the PC Basics class.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Microsoft Word window.
- Execute multiple text-selection techniques.
- Apply basic formatting features.
- Perform the Copy/Cut and Paste functions.
- Execute the "Find and Replace" and "Go To" features.
- Explore a variety of templates for creating letters, résumés, faxes, reports, stationery and more.
- Apply themes, page borders, page colors and watermarks.
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.