What is Social Media? Keeping It Simple
It's time to go social. We'll make it simple for you!
Whether you are interested in using it for personal or business reasons, social media is changing the way people connect with each other. Don't get left behind. Create you own social media experience by attending this class.
Instructor: R. Foster (see brief description of credentials below)
Computer Lab, Room 311
We'll start from the beginning and discuss:
- What social media is.
- What Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are -- Who is on them? What do they do there? Why should you care?
- What other social networks are out there (e.g. Pinterest, YouTube, Google+)
- Where to begin? Which networks matter?
- How to simply get started with social media.
- How social media connects people -- chatting and sharing.
At the end of this three-hour workshop you will:
- Know how to choose the right network for you
- Know how to start building your network
- Understand vocabulary that is unique to social media
- Know how to share content on various platforms
- Start getting engaged with social media
- Basic computer navigational skills and Internet knowledge are required
- An active email address (please know your password)
- Optional: Please bring any photos you would like to use on a USB flash drive.
Romona Foster is a highly endorsed social media trainer teaching professionals how to leverage and brand their businesses through the use of social media. She is an engaging speaker who is passionate about all things related to social media marketing. Romona trains both groups and individuals on how to use Linkedln, how to market on Facebook, all about Twitter, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office and Google+.