Published on Friday, August 2, 2013 - 9:23am
August is a time to celebrate and support children entering kindergarten. Going to the kindergarten is a momentous event for young children as well as their parents. A classroom full of children can be overwhelming for most children.Talk to your child about the wonderful new adventures and fun activities he/she will experience in kindergarten.
Try these titles for young children.
- Mom, It's My first Day of Kindergarten! by Hyewon Yum
- Hands off, Harry by Rosemary Wells
- Kindergarten Diary by Antoinette Portis
- Miss Bindergarten get ready for kindergarten by Joseph Slate
- Miss Bindergarten Has A Wild Day In Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
- Kindergarten Countdown by Anna Hays
- Kindergarten Kids: Riddles, Rebuses, Wiggles, Giggles, and More by Stephanie Calmension
- Henry's 100 Days of Kindergarten by Nancy Carlson
- My Kindergarten by Rosemary Wells
- The Twelve Days of Kindergarten: A Counting Book by Deborah Rose
- Max Goes to School by Adria Klein
- New Girl...and Me by Jacqui Robbins
- Listen For The Bus: David's Story by Patricia McMahon
- It's Time for Preschool! by Esme Raji Codell
- Maisy Goes to Preschool by Lucy Cousins
- Ready, Set Preschool! by Anna Jane Hays
- D.W.'s Guide To Preschool by Marc Brown
For more books and information regarding education, child development, programs and parent participation, check out catalog.dclibrary.org.