Introduction to MS Publisher
Explore the many document creation possibilities of this powerful desktop publishing software. This software is widely used in the workplace and in educational settings. Seats will be filled on a first-come, space-available basis.
Instructor: D. P. Grogan
Computer Lab, Room 311
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics, Word I Basics, Word II Intermediate and PowerPoint
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Microsoft Publisher window
- Explore a variety of templates and their document creation requirements
- Create a calendar, a greeting card, business cards and letterhead using the installed design templates
- Format and link text boxes; insert WordArt and other graphics
- Insert grid and ruler guides; manipulate margin settings
- Insert additional pages and delete unwanted pages
- Import a Word document into one of Publisher's stylized formats
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.