Mount Pleasant Library Construction Update
The renovated and expanded Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Library, located at 3160 16th Street NW, is now open.
The new library features:
- Welcoming spaces and comfortable seating
- Expanded children's space with a large story time room
- Dedicated Teen Space with Mac computers
- Meeting room for 100 people
- Two conference rooms for 12-16 people
- Three quiet study rooms
- 50,000 books, DVDs and other library materials
- 40 computers plus laptops available for customer use in the library
- Free WiFi
- Many environmentally friendly design elements
Mt. Pleasant Library
Community Input Summary
Beginning in March 2008, the library conducted community outreach to gain input into what residents would like to see in their new library.
Outreach was done with residents of Mt. Pleasant, Columbia Heights and Adams Morgan. The library held community meetings, administered surveys, held one-on-one conversations, had meetings with community organizations and schools, and conducted focus groups. View the results.
Other Community Involvement
Early on, community representatives were invited to serve on the architect selection panel. The ANC Commissioner and the President of the Friends of Mt. Pleasant Library helped select the firm.
Read background on the library's renovation.
Past Community Meetings
Community Design Meeting - June 10, 2008
Meeting focus: Schematic design
Hopes and Dreams Community Listening Meeting - March 11, 2008
Meeting focus: Community ideas for the new library
A Mt. Pleasant Library feedback email address (MTPCommunityFeedback@dc.gov) is available for residents to continue providing input.