Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
May is Asian American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month (AAPIHM). Celebrate with the Library by joining us for virtual programs and exploring books, films and digital library resources to learn more about the literary and cultural contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders this month.
The Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum join in paying tribute to the generations of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have enriched America’s history and are instrumental in its future success. Explore the virtual exhibitions.
- Wednesday, May 12 at 4 p.m.: Virtual Readers Theatre on Facebook Live
- Thursday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m.: Talking About Microaggressions
- Friday, May 14 at 7 p.m.: Movie night with #DCQueerFlix
- Thursday, May 20 at 4 p.m.: Origami and a Story on YouTube
- Monday, May 24 at 6:30 p.m.: #StayAtHomeDCTrivia Virtual Trivia Night
- Monday, May 24 at 8 p.m.: AAPI reads and book recommendations during the #DCPLNewYA Twitter chat.
Check Out These Great ReadsBooks for Adults
Books for Teens
Books for Children