Something unique about me: I traveled a lot as a child and, by the age of 5, I knew all of the U.S. states and their capitals. I’m not sure I could do the same today.
The Best Book of ALL TIME: In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick. I not only ran out to buy my own copy after reading it, but I read as many of the titles mentioned in the bibliography as I could get my hands on.
Top 5 Favorite Books
- In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation by Joseph Ellis
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
- Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
History – ancient, early American, exploration
Biography – heads of state, collective biographies
Science – animals, evolution, genetics
Classic Fiction – early science fiction, short stories
Sports and Recreation – soccer, game