Caregivers and Technology
Tips for Using Technology with Young Children*
- Read, play and watch with your child.
- Ask questions and let your child describe what they’re learning.
- Choose media that’s right for your child and family.
For children birth to 2
Use video chat to connect your child with family and friends.
For children 3 and up
Choose quality content without ads, use it together and talk about what your child is reading, playing and watching.
Choose what to read, play and watch with your child
- Tap Click Read 3 C’s Quiz: Take this quiz to reflect on your child’s use of digital technology.
- Kids Internet Safety: Tips from the library to help your child stay safe on the internet.
- NAEYC Technology and Media: In-depth analysis of technology and screen use for young children.