"My passion: Writing. Period. I write children's middle grade novels and poetry."
What I do when I'm not in the library:
I crochet odd things like Tom Baker Dr. Who scarves, scribble in my journal, run in the park and write.
Writing. Period. I write children's middle grade novels and poetry.
Something unique about me:
One of my poems rode around on buses in Northern Virginia under the name Jess Stork.
The last thing I read:
No More Dead Dogs by Gordon Korman
Five Favorite Books:
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
- Inside Out and Back Again by Thannha Lai
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
- Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger
Favorite Genres and Subgenres:
- Travelogues: I love travel memoirs about Asian countries in particular.
- Children's: Fantasy, Humor, Early Readers/Series, Adventures, Graphic Novels
- Poetry: Haiku, Free Verse, Novels-in-Verse
- Graphic Novels: Superhero, Graphic Memoirs, Fantasy, Science-Fiction
- Mysteries: Cozy Mysteries, British Mysteries
Like what you see? Check out Jess G.'s book picks.
Want a reading suggestion? Fill out a form and get a suggestion from our librarians.