I feel like it’s never enough time to do much in a day.
What I do when I’m not at the library: I love to spend time with my family. I have a huge family and we get together often, I love to travel and just recently I have begun to attend musicals and plays (which I love!), I of course love to read and I love to crochet. I have done many different crochet projects and I am now learning the strict protocols that is involved with crocheting caps for Chemo patients and premature babies, so within the next few months I will begin to donate my talents to help those who need it.
What I’m reading now: Well I’m sort of reading it (does listening count?) on the Libby app in my car and while I’m crocheting. I am listening to the book The Mother of Black Hollywood: a memoir by Jenifer Lewis.
My top 5 favorite books:
- The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Perfect Peace by Daniel Black
- The 21-day financial fast: your path to financial peace and freedom by Michelle Singletary
- The darkest child by Delores Phillips
- The last lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow
Favorite genres and subgenres:
- Biographies/ Memoirs: Women, Humor, Celebrity/ Public Figures
- Cooking and Baking: Soul food, Desserts, Caribbean
- History: African, African American, Local
- True Crime: Conspiracy Theories, Psychological
- Urban Fiction: Romance, Thriller