Lamond-Riggs Library Project
With this team in place, the planning for the new library will begin in October. The design process will take about one year. Once the design is complete, the current building will be closed and an interim location will provide library service during construction. The new building will open in late 2020.
Community EngagementCommunity engagement is a vital aspect of the design process for a new library. The Library is seeking input in a variety of formats.
- Three members of the community served on the design team selection panel.
- Electronic and paper surveys.
- Focus groups with adults, parents of young children, seniors, teachers, students and library staff.
- Community meetings throughout the design process to gather feedback as the design takes shape.
- Members of the design team will attend meetings of civic associations, ANC, PTAs and other community groups.
If you have questions about the project, you may contact either of the individuals below.
Martha Saccocio, email@example.com or 202-727-1188
Archie Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-727-1437