Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
|From Dakota's Diary: Tuesday, September 27, 2011|
Laser Tag! Oh, yeah! I brought my light beam to show everyone. It’s so cool. Someone holds the device and shines a little red light, and I chase it and then pounce on it. I have a lot of fun and get lots of exercise playing with that toy. It’s great! It belongs to the kitty cat of the house; however, she’s not really into it. She’d rather trim her nails.
She might have liked the book I heard tonight called Dogs and Cats by Steve Jenkins. There are two books in one: dogs on one side and then you flip it over and read about cats on the other side. I think I know which side she would have chosen to listen to…
And, she would probably modify the craft the children made tonight. Instead of a Run Doggie Run craft, she probably would have made a Go Kitty Go one! I like the doggie version. This is what you need and what you do, if you’d like to make one.
Run Doggie Run Craft
- 1 piece of poster board or card stock (approximately 10”x10”)
- Strip of green bulletin board trim (approximately 10” wide)
- Glue stick
- 1 image of a dog
- 1 image of a child
- 1 image of a tennis ball
- 2 mini wooden sticks
- Glue the border trim to the base of the card stock to give the appearance of grass.
- Cut out the image of the child, and glue it to the left of the board.
- Cut out the image of the dog and the image of the tennis ball, and glue them to the mini wooden sticks and set them aside.
- Ask an adult to cut one line that travels along the grass and another line that arcs in the air of the board.
- Insert the ball in the upper arc and the doggie in the grass path slot.
- Move the ball so that it travels from the child’s hand on the left of the board and lands into the grass on the right side of the board.
- Move the doggie along the grass to chase the ball.
- Enjoy playing with the doggie craft, or give it to someone to enjoy.
Woof, Woof to all!
Dakota, PAL dog extraordinaire
Read Dakota’s March 15, 2011 Diary
Read Dakota’s March 22, 2011 Diary
Read Dakota’s April 12, 2011 Diary
Read Dakota’s July 5, 2011 Diary
Read Dakota’s August 30, 2011 Diary