Francis A. Gregory Opens
The new Francis A. Gregory Neighborhood Library opened its doors on June 19 after a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Mayor Vincent Gray and other city officials.
Designed by award-winning architecture team of Adjaye Associates and Wiencek Associates, the new library opened on June 19, 2012 with Mayor Gray and other city officials at a ribbon cutting ceremony at 11 a.m.
The new library features:
- Space for 80,000 books, DVDs, CDs and other library materials
- Children’s program room
- Separate reading areas for adults, teens and children
- 32 public access computers with free Wi-Fi Internet access
- Comfortable seating for 200 customers
- Large program room for up to 100 people
- Two 12-person conference room
- Four quiet study rooms
- Vending area
- Outdoor seating
Come on down to check out your new library!