Children's Events in June
During the month of June, Rosedale is excited to share several special events and movie nights, as well as kick off summer reading!
- Tuesday, June 3 any time after 4:30 p.m.: Pop-Up Game Night for ‘Tweens - Spontaneous (board/card/group) games will take place whenever a group of 6 or more ‘Tweens have congregated. (For ages 8 to 13)
- Tuesday, June 3 at 6 p.m.: 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief' Movie Night - To celebrate Rick Riordan’s birthday, kids can enjoy the movie version of his popular book, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Afterwards they can create “Wanted” posters for the various characters or for themselves imagined as demigods.
- Thursday, June 12 at 3 p.m.: Father’s Day Movie and Crafts - Celebrate Father’s Day with a movie about a lost clown fish and crafts that children can take home for Father’s Day!
- Monday, June 16 at 3:45 p.m.: Under the Sea Mural - Help Ms. Tea create an aquatic-themed mural for Zoo and Aquarium Month to be put on display for the remainder of the month and get us excited about our summer STEAM theme! Art materials will be provided. (Appropriate for ages 4 to 12)
- Tuesday, June 17 at 5 p.m.: 'Jumanji' Movie Night - In celebration of Chris Van Allsburg’s birthday, kids can enjoy the movie version of his award-winning book Jumanji.
- Beginning Thursday, June 19 (every Thursday through Aug. 14) at 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.: Game show Power Hour -- Each week 'tweens and teens (ages 10-17) will challenge themselves and each other in games, physical challenges and quizzes featured on shows such as A Minute To Win It, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? and Family Feud for the sheer fun of it all (and good-natured bragging rights)!
- Monday, June 23 at 11:30 a.m.: 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' Story Time and Movie - To start off summer vacation, kids can enjoy a short story time of the book and its sequel: Pickles to Pittsburgh. After that, the kids can enjoy the movie based on the book.
- Tuesday, June 24 at 4:30 p.m.: Reel Reading Move Night - Join Rosedale's Reel Reading Book Club! Kids read a book and then on the last Tuesday of each month they watch the movie that was inspired by the book, or the movie that inspired the book. Kids can enjoy a brief group discussion as well! Movie to be chosen at the May 27 book club.
- Saturday, June 28 at 11 a.m.: Family Story Time - Stories, songs and poems for families with children ages 7 and younger.
- Sunday, June 29 after 1:30 p.m.: Pop-Up Preschool Games - A spontaneous board and group games will take place whenever a group of 4 or more young children have congregated. (Ages 3-5)
- Monday, June 30 beginning at 1 p.m.: Summer Reading Kick-Off! - Rosedale will host a party with games and snacks to kick off our summer STEAM reading program and sign up summer readers ages birth through age 12!