Children's Programs in August
With summer beginning to wind down, Rosedale has a few children's programs kids can enjoy before they gear up to head back to school!
- "Uno, Dos, Tres Con Andrés!”: Friday, August 1 at 2 p.m. -- Sing, shake and sound out rhythms while trying regional Latin dances and practicing Spanish words. Dance to La Bamba, discover the colors in Spanish and meet friends of all kinds, including an iguana named Juana! (For ages birth to 5)
- "S.T.E.A.M. Theme Hour": Monday, August 4 and 11 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. -- Children will be able to participate in and enjoy a combination of creative book- and web-based crafts and activities that incorporate math, science, and art.
- "Kids Love Karaoke": Tuesdays, August 5 and 12 from 2:30 – 4 p.m. -- Have a secret dream of auditioning for American Idol or The Voice? Rosedale Library will give you the opportunity to practice and show off your vocal gifts before you get discovered! (For children ages 6 -12)
- "Game Show Power Hour": Thursday, August 7 and 14 from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. -- 'Tweens and Teens (ages 10-19) will challenge themselves and each other in fun games that test and train the body and brain as featured on shows like “A Minute To Win It”, “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” and “Family Feud” for the sheer fun of it all (and for good-natured bragging rights)!
- "Reptiles Alive!": Monday, August 11 at 11 a.m. -- Get an exciting introduction to the world of reptiles. Learn snake secrets and laugh at lizard stories and turtle tales. Featured animals may include a boa constrictor, tortoise, exotic lizards and other amazing animals.
- “Superfest!”: Wednesday, August 20 -- Show Rosedale your inner superhero! We'll be celebrating superheroes and enjoying games and prizes about comics and manga, and a special appearance by DC Anime Club!
- “Summer Reading Finale!”: Friday, August 22 -- Come and enjoy our summer reading finale, which will include music, games, outdoor fun, and possible prizes for participants!
- “Summer Reading Power Hour”: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 1:30-2:30 p.m. and Tuesday & Thursday from 4 - 5 p.m. -- Children and teens have an entire hour dedicated to silent reading and listening to various audiobooks!
- “Story time”: Every Monday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. -- Children ages birth-5 with their caretakers can enjoy a story time that includes songs, stories, action rhymes, and fun! (Note: Please be aware that there will be no story times from August 18 through September 5.)