June is Great Outdoors Month!
Who says libraries and learning have to be confined within four walls? Join us during the month of June as we host a number of programs outdoors (weather permitting) to appreciate fresh air, blue skies, warm weather and fun in the sun!
- Tuesday, June 9 at 4 p.m.: "Tea Time Under the Trees" -- Enjoy an early evening of summer breezes and shady trees as we listen to stories, play group games and make art on the front lawn...with fragrant iced tea as refreshment! Bring your own fancy, child-friendly tea cups and favorite snacks if you have them. Ages 3-7.
- Wednesday, June 10 at 10:30 a.m.: "Pre-K Story Time" -- Our regular fun story time for 3- to 5-year-olds, with the patio doors open for an indoor/outdoor parade.
- Monday, June 15 at 4 p.m.: "Teddy Bear Picnic" -- Take your teddy to the library for teddy-themed stories, songs, finger plays and more.
- Tuesday, June 16 at 5 p.m.: "Petworth Pacers Walk & Tour" -- Adult patrons can join us for a leisurely neighborhood walk to the Armed Forces Retirement Home where the staff librarian will lead us on a tour of the lovely library at this historic site! Please notify us of your participation by Friday, June 12. Cold bottled water and snack bars provided for the outing.
- Saturday, June 20 at 10 a.m.: "Market Story Time" -- Bring your little ones to the Petworth Farmer's Market for a fresh-air fun story time and stick around to purchase some healthy edibles from local vendors.
- Sunday, June 21 at 3 p.m.: "Petworth Pacers" -- Our regular 40-minute power walk on the quieter, shadier streets in the neighborhood. Please bring your own water and wear gym shoes with movement-oriented clothing. We meet in the second floor program room before and after the walk. Yes, children in strollers are welcome!