Mount Pleasant Library

Mount Pleasant Library

3160 16th St. NW

Exterior of the new Anacostia Library














One of four Carnegie libraries built in the District, Mt. Pleasant Library, designed by architect Edward Tilton, first opened in 1925. The library was completely renovated and reopened in 2012.

Exterior of the new Anacostia Library

Exterior of the new Anacostia Library























 


 

Services and Features

  • Welcoming spaces and comfortable seating
  • Expanded children's space with a large story time room
  • Dedicated Teen Space with Mac computers
  • Meeting room for 100 people
  • Two conference rooms for 12-16 people
  • Three quiet study rooms
  • 50,000 books, DVDs and other library materials
  • 40 computers plus laptops available for customer use in the library
  • Free WiFi
  • Many environmentally-friendly design elements

Awards and Certifications

The Mount Pleasant Library has received the following awards for design excellence:
  • DC Chapter of the American Institute of Architects Honor Award, Unbuilt Category 2009
  • American Institute of Architects DC Chapter, Merit Award for Historic Resources, 2013
In addition, the Library is seeking LEED Certification for environmentally-friendly design.