New Lamond-Riggs/Lillian J. Huff Library to Open June 27
The new Lamond-Riggs/Lillian J. Huff Library, located at 5401 South Dakota Ave. NE, will open Monday, June 27. District residents and library customers are invited to join the opening festivities starting at 11 am.
The new 23,500-square-foot library continues the DC Public Library’s Facilities Master Plan priority of building neighborhood libraries that are at least 20,000 sq. ft., are flexible enough to accommodate changing uses and new technologies and are environmentally friendly. It features:
- Expanded space for adults, teens and children;
- A variety of collaboration spaces including a living room-style seating area;
- A large meeting room with a capacity for 100 people, dividable into separate smaller rooms
- 7 additional reservable meeting spaces, one for up to 12 people, two for up to six people each, and four study spaces designed for 2 people; and
- Outdoor spaces on each floor with comfortable seating.
The Lamond-Riggs Interim Library, located at 395 Ingraham St. NE, will close on Wednesday, June 15 at 8 p.m.
In preparation for the transition to the Lamond-Riggs/Lillian J. Huff Library, all due dates for books and other materials borrowed from the interim library have been extended to mid-July. During the move, Library customers can return books and other materials to any DC Public Library. Holds can also be picked up from any location customers select. The location closest to the Lamond-Riggs/Lillian J. Huff Library is the Woodridge Library located at 1801 Hamlin St. NE.