Kids Summer Challenge
During the summer, help your child stay motivated to read and learn. Incorporate reading for just 20 minutes a day into your family’s routine to help ensure your child returns to school in the fall ready to learn! Summer is also a great time to show your child the joy of reading, helping them grow as life-long learners.
Read20 All Summer Long
This summer the library challenges you to #Read20 for a chance to win fun prizes sponsored by the DC Public Library Foundation.
- June Prize: $25 Gift Card to Politics and Prose
- July Prize: $25 Gift Card to Busboys and Poets
- August Grand Prize: $50 Gift Card to Labyrinth Game Shop
Click here to get started by registering for the 2020 Summer Challenge.
Super Readers (Children 6-12)
Read, Listen, Watch and Learn
The library has exciting reads for every age and every interest that you can access on a mobile device or computer.
- eBooks and Audiobooks
- Video Story Books
- Baseball Reads for Preschool Children and Families
- Conversations About Race: Resources About Race for All Ages That Belong on Every Reading List
- Books on Disability Awareness and Inclusion
The Library is hosting virtual events throughout the summer with your family’s favorite performers and activities. See what is coming up online!
123 AndrésThursday, July 9 at 1:30 p.m.: Arcoíris: Catch a rainbow with 123 Andrés
Saturday, Aug. 1 @ 10:30 a.m.: Me gusta leer! Songs and stories with 123 Andrés
Wednesday, June 10, 3 p.m.: Things That Go Boom
Wednesday, July 22 at 3 p.m.: Storytelling with Master Teller Diane Macklin
Coyaba Dance Theater
Saturday, Aug. 15, 3 p.m.: Coyaba Dance Theater
Click here to return to the Summer Challenge home page.