Public Computers and Printing
Anacostia, Bellevue, Benning, Capitol View, Chevy Chase, Cleveland Park, Deanwood, Francis A. Gregory, Georgetown, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Mt. Pleasant, Northeast, Palisades, Petworth, Shaw, Shepherd Park, Southeast, Tenley-Friendship, West End and Woodridge libraries are currently open.
Customers can print in person, by using a computer at one of the open locations, or by using the remote printing option. Remote printing allows customers to send documents electronically for printing at the above libraries.
All remote print jobs must be sent via email. Media storage devices, such as a USB stick containing documents, will not be accepted at any location. All emails and attachments will be deleted after 48 hours.
1. Customers must send their print jobs to the email of the desired pick-up location.
Capitol View: email@example.com
Chevy Chase: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cleveland Park: email@example.com
Francis A. Gregory: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library - Central Library: email@example.com
Mt. Pleasant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shepard Park: email@example.com
West End: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must contain only the word “PRINT”.
- Customers may print up to 20 pages per day, and there is no cost.
- Customers have 48 hours after sending their email to retrieve their print job.
- Print jobs can only be sent Monday through Friday.
- Print jobs sent on Thursday and Friday will be available until closing on Monday.
- For verification, please provide the email address of your print job to library staff when you are at your selected pick-up location.
- Staff will retrieve your print-job.
- Documents will be printed as-is. All prints will be made on 8.5” x 11” paper, double-sided. Be sure to double check your prints before you send them. Staff will make no formatting changes or edits.
Copying and Scanning
Customers can copy or scan 20 pages per day.
Customers will fill out a coversheet at one of the open locations and library staff will complete the request.
Documents submitted for copying or scanning will be copied or scanned “as is.” Staff will make no enhancements, such as enlarging, changing the contrast, or other adjustments to a customer's documents.
Customers will receive the coversheet back when staff complete the requested service. If scanning, a confirmation page will be delivered in addition to the coversheet.
Both the customer and recipient will be emailed when scanning. `
Scans may route to the customer’s/recipient’s “Junk” folder depending on your email service provider. Please check that folder if the scan does not end up in your inbox.