Income Tax Help
Beginning Feb. 1, 2022, the library will host income tax return preparation for qualified residents. The library partners with the AARP Foundation to provide service to seven of our neighborhood locations. Please note that services at our neighborhood will be by appointment only - click on a location below for information about making an appointment.
- Anacostia Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Bellevue (William O. Lockridge) Neighborhood Library - Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Capitol View Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Georgetown Neighborhood Library - Wednesdays and Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Petworth Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Fridays, 12 - 4 p.m.
- Southwest Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Wednesdays, 1 - 5 p.m.
- Woodridge Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and Thursdays, 12: 30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
DOCUMENTS TO BRING ONCE YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT:
- Social Security Cards (or ITIN letter) for the taxpayer and anyone claimed as a dependent
- Valid Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse (if filing jointly)
- All W-2’s, 1099’s, bank interest statements and other income information
- Record of expenses for tax credits and deductions (child care, education, student loans, medical expenses)
- Account and Routing Number for direct deposit of your refund
- Income statements for all your dependents (W2s, 1099-SSAs, etc.)
- Copy of your 2020 return if available
- 1095-A form if you purchased health insurance through the Marketplace/Exchange