Income Tax Help
Beginning Feb. 1, 2019, the library will host income tax return preparation for qualified residents at many of our locations. The library partners with AARP to provide service to seven of our neighborhood locations:
- Anacostia Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays, 11 am - 5 pm and Thursdays, 11 am - 3 pm
- Bellevue (William O. Lockridge) Neighborhood Library - Saturdays, 10 am -2 pm
- Capitol View Neighborhood Library - Assistance on Mondays and Wednesdays will commence upon completion of library renovation.
- Georgetown Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays, 1 - 5 pm and Wednesdays, 1 - 5 pm
- Petworth Neighborhood Library - Mondays, 12 - 4 pm, Thursdays, 5 - 8 pm, and Fridays, 12 - 4 pm
- Shaw Neighborhood Library - Saturdays, 10 am - 2 pm
- Woodridge Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays, 10 am - 2 pm and Fridays, 10 am - 2 pm
Due to the MLK Library modernization, tax preparation services provided by Community Tax Aid (CTA) will continue at another downtown location by appointment. Starting Jan. 15, visit www.communitytaxaiddc.org to make an appointment online or by phone at 202-830-1480. Click here to see a list of all 17 CTA tax sites.
Please contact your local branch or check the branch calendar for up-to-date schedules.
- All locations, excluding Petworth, will be closed Monday, Feb. 18 in honor of Presidents Day.
- Last day of all tax preparation services is April 15.