Income Tax Help
Beginning Feb. 1, 2018, the library will host income tax return preparation for qualified residents at many of our locations. The library partners with AARP provides service to nine of our neighborhood locations:
- Anacostia Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Bellevue (William O. Lockridge) Neighborhood Library - Saturdays
- Deanwood Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Wednesdays
- Georgetown Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays (starting in March) and Wednesdays
- Lamond-Riggs Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Thursdays
- Petworth Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Fridays
- Shaw Neighborhood Library - Saturdays
- Southwest Neighborhood Library - Mondays and Wednesdays
- Woodridge Neighborhood Library - Tuesdays and Fridays
Due to the MLK Library modernization, tax preparation services provided by Community Tax Aid will continue at another downtown location by appointment. Customers can call 202-869-2999 or make an appointment online.
Please contact your local branch or check the branch calendar for up-to-date schedules.
- All locations, excluding Petworth, will be closed Monday, Feb. 19 in honor of Presidents Day.
- All locations, excluding Petworth, will be closed Monday, April 16 in honor of D.C. Emancipation Day.
- Last day of all tax preparation services is April 18.