This November and December, the DC Public Library will host pop-up shops by the Heurich House Museum and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro) at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. The shops will offer residents and visitors chances to buy locally made and designed products and transit-themed items in person.
Markt at MLK
Heurich House Museum has dedicated their public service mission to supporting the areas small scale makers over the last decade. They will curate and run a retail space selling items priced at $50 or less. The inventory will come from over 30 makers in the Heurich House Museum’s network. Items promoting the DC Public Library's Go-Go and Punk Archives will also be available for sale.
Businesses will include:
- Second Story - Known for greeting cardsWick and Paper- Specializing in candles and greeting cards
- Bailiwick - Maker of t-shirts
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday - Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Metro’s First Stop Pop-Up Shop
The second pop-up shop is hosted in conjunction with Metro. Metro’s First Stop Pop-Up Shop allows customers to purchase merchandise usually available through its online Metro at www.dcmetrostore.com.
- Limited-edition, holiday-themed Metro items, including cards, wrapping paper, ornaments, socks, sweatshirts, and long-sleeve shirts.
- Exclusive Metro merchandise featuring puzzles, socks, totes, T-shirts, and towels
- Sundays: 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m
- Mondays - Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Fridays - Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library is at 901 G Street NW near the Metro Center and Gallery Place Metro stations.