DC Public Library Accommodation Statement
The DC Public Library encourages people with disabilities to participate in our programs, services, and Board of Trustees meetings.
If you have questions about physical access, need handouts in alternate format, or require American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation, CART, or other reasonable accommodation to participate, please contact the DC Public Library Center for Accessibility by email at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or phone at 202-727-2142.
Please request accommodation as early as possible, but at least seven (7) days in advance of the program or event, so that proper arrangements may be made. If you have requested ASL interpretation or other accommodation and find you cannot attend, please contact us promptly to cancel your request.
To request ASL interpretation, download the ASL Interpretation Request Form and submit it as an attachment to DCPLaccess@dc.gov. DCPL provides interpreters only for DCPL-sponsored programs. If you need an interpreter for a non-library program, contact the Center for Accessibility for a list of interpreting agencies in the area.
To report access concerns at DC Public Library locations, download the ADA Assistance Form. Please complete the form and submit by attachment to DCPLaccess@dc.gov or take a hard copy to any DC Public Library location.
- D.C. Office of Disability Rights
- Department on Disability Services
- University Legal Services Protection and Advocacy Program for D.C.
- Mid-Atlantic ADA Center DB-TAC
- U.S. Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities Act Home Page
- D.C. Department on Disability Services
- D.C. Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Disability Resource List
- ARC of DC, serving persons with intellectual disabilities