DC Public Library Passport Acceptance Office
The passport office is temporarily closed in preparation for the move back to Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. Check back here for further updates.
Passport Acceptance Office
The Passport Acceptance Office accepts new passport applications.
How to Apply
- Complete the application and print (single-sided) prior to arrival.
- All applicants must be present.
- Bring two checks (no starter checks) or money orders, one written to U.S. Department of State and one written to D.C. Treasurer.
- Proof of ID - valid driver's license, state ID card, military ID, passport.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (must be original documents - no photocopies). U.S. birth certificate with parent(s) name(s) and official seal OR naturalization certificate OR previously issued passport.
- Color 2" x 2" passport photo with white background for each applicant. (Photos can be taken on premise for $15).
- At least one parent listed on birth certificate/adoption papers/legal guardian court documents, a notarized consent form and a copy (both sides) or non-appearing parent's ID.
- For 16 and 17-year-old applicants, only one parent needs to be present, along with birth certificate/adoption papers. A notarized letter is not required.
State Department FeesMake check/money order payable to Department of State.
|Item||Cost||Estimated Processing Time|
|Passport Book - age 16+||$110||6-8 weeks|
|Passport Book - age 15 and younger||$80||6-8 weeks
|Passport Card - 16+||$30||6-8 weeks|
|Passport Card - age 15 and younger||$15||6-8 weeks|
|Passport Book (16+)||$170||2-3 weeks|
|Passport Book (15 and younger)||$140||2-3 weeks|
Make check/money order payable to D.C. Treasurer.
DC Public Library Fees
Please visit the U.S. Department of State Passport and International Travel website for further information on applying for a passport.
If you are planning to travel within 72 hours, you will need to apply in person at the Washington Passport Agency. You must call 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment. The address is 600 19th St. NW, First Floor – Sidewalk Level, Washington, D.C. 20006.