DC Public Library Passport Acceptance Office
Passport Acceptance Office
2000 14th St. NW, First Floor - Sidewalk
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3 - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Doors close 15 minutes before closing time.
The Passport Acceptance Office, co-located with the Fab Test Lab, accepts new passport applications.
How to Apply
- Complete the application and print (single-sided) prior to arrival.
- All applicants must be present.
- Bring two checks (no starter checks) or money orders, one written to U.S. Department of State and one written to D.C. Treasurer.
- Proof of ID - valid driver's license, state ID card, military ID, passport.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (must be original documents - no photocopies). U.S. birth certificate with parent(s) name(s) and official seal OR naturalization certificate OR previously issued passport.
- Color 2" x 2" passport photo with white background for each applicant. (Photos can be taken on premise for $15).
- At least one parent listed on birth certificate/adoption papers/legal guardian court documents, a notarized consent form and a copy (both sides) or non-appearing parent's ID.
- For 16 and 17-year-old applicants, only one parent needs to be present, along with birth certificate/adoption papers. A notarized letter is not required.
State Department FeesMake check/money order payable to Department of State.
|Item||Cost||Estimated Processing Time|
|Passport Book - age 16+||$110||6-8 weeks|
|Passport Book - age 15 and younger||$80||6-8 weeks
|Passport Card - 16+||$30||6-8 weeks|
|Passport Card - age 15 and younger||$15||6-8 weeks|
|Passport Book (16+)||$170||2-3 weeks|
|Passport Book (15 and younger)||$140||2-3 weeks|
Make check/money order payable to D.C. Treasurer.
DC Public Library Fees
Please visit the U.S. Department of State Passport and International Travel website for further information on applying for a passport.
If you are planning to travel within 72 hours, you will need to apply in person at the Washington Passport Agency. You must call 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment. The address is 600 19th St. NW, First Floor – Sidewalk Level, Washington, D.C. 20006.