Name a Library Space
Interior and exterior spaces at a library may be named for individuals, families, or mission-aligned entities meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Provided extraordinary service to the Library or who otherwise merits special recognition;
- Made a significant contribution to the District of Columbia;
- Achieved a notable accomplishment while a District resident;
- Made a significant contribution to the world of libraries, reading, or literature.
Nominations may be submitted to honor or recognize an individual, family, or a mission-aligned entity. All requests shall be submitted to the Executive Director (or designee) in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations may be submitted at any time. However, the Board of Library Trustees will consider applications for approval twice a year during the May and November meetings.
To submit a name for consideration, please send an email to email@example.com.
Email must include the following:
- Name of individual to be honored
- Year of Death
- Why does this individual merit special recognition?
- What significant contributions did this individual make to the District of Columbia?
- Was this individual a District resident? If so, for how long?
- What significant contribution did this individual make to the world of libraries, reading, or literature?
- Please list any awards or recognitions the individual has received.
- Please attach any news articles or other relevant documentation that could support this application. (Optional)
- Is there a particular space in a particular library that you have in mind (any final decision will be made by the Executive Director in consultation with the Board of Library Trustees)?
- Why would this space be a fitting tribute to this individual?
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.