Summer Challenge 2019
Kids, teens, adults -- even babies -- can get in on the fun this summer by participating in DC Public Library's Summer Challenge. Did you know that reading just 20 minutes each day keeps your mind active and engaged over the summer?
Participating is as easy as reading a book, magazine, blog or website. Just read 20 minutes a day. Click below to sign up. If you've participated in any of the Library's reading programs in the past, you can log in to your existing account with your username and password.
Participation is easy as 1-2-3..
1. Sign up online or visit your neighborhood library
2. Read 20 minutes each day and log your progress
3. Visit your library to get a prizeYou can earn prizes each month starting on the following dates, while supplies last:
• June 20 -- A free book
• July 20 -- Two tickets to a Washington Nationals baseball game
• August -- Keep reading all month to be eligible for a Grand Prize Drawing drawing
Not sure how to log your reading online? Ask a Library staff member for help. If you require accommodations, please email the Center for Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check out our calendar of events.
Be a Super Reader
Do you love to read? Can you read a book in one day? Maybe you read more than one book a week? Take the Library's Super Reader Challenge. A Super Reader is any reader signed up for Summer Challenge who reads above and beyond 20 minutes a day. Learn more here.
Special Events for Teens
We have great events and contests planned for teens. Get the details here.