Adult Learning Department
Library Express at 1990 K St. NW is now closed and the Adult Learning Department has moved back to the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. Tutoring and Conversation Circles continues virtually. Please visit the online calendar to participate in virtual programs. For additional questions or to learn more about resources currently available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DC Public Library offers adult literacy services through the Adult Learning Department (ALD). The ALD provides literacy services to adults (18 years +) and is staffed with adult literacy education specialists.
We have instructional, informational and leisure reading materials for adult developing readers and speakers of other languages. We also provide resource materials for teachers and tutors of literacy, ABE, GED and English as a Second Language (ESL).
NOTE: The Adult Literacy Center no longer offers proctoring services.
- Find GED Classes, Basic Reading Classes, Tutors for Reading or English Classes
- GED and High School Skills Tutoring
- Study Online
- Access Career Coaching to Grow Job-Seeking and Career Building Skills
- Practice Speaking English
- Meeting Masters: For Non-Native Speakers of English
- Schedule a Library Orientation
- Discuss Books
- View/Download "A Feel for Books, Book Discussions for Adult Developing Readers: A Resource Manual"
- Attend Teacher Training Workshops
- DCPL's Online Resources for Teachers