Adult Literacy Resource Center
Library Express at 1990 K St. NW will be closed as of Monday, June 1 in preparation for the move back to Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. Tutoring and Conversation Circles will continue at neighborhood libraries. Please check with your neighborhood library for their listing of free computer classes until
the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library re-opens.
The DC Public Library offers adult literacy services through the Adult Literacy Resource Center (ALRC). The ALRC provides literacy services to young adults (16 years +) and adults and is staffed with adult literacy education specialists.
We have instructional, informational and leisure reading materials for adult developing readers and speakers of other languages.We also provide resource materials for teachers and tutors of literacy, ABE, GED and English as a Second Language (ESL).
The Adult Literacy Resource Center is located in
Library Express at 1990 K St. NW, lower level (entrance on 20th St between K St. and I St.)
during the MLK Jr. Memorial Library's modernization.
For more info, please call 202-727-1616.
NOTE: The Adult Literacy Center no longer offers proctoring services.
- Find GED Classes, Basic Reading Classes, Tutors for Reading or English Classes
- Take a GED Skills Assessment
- GED and High School Skills Tutoring
- Study Online
- Speak English
- Schedule a Library Orientation
- Discuss Books
- View/Download "A Feel for Books, Book Discussions for Adult Developing Readers: A Resource Manual"
- Attend Teacher Training Workshops
- DCPL's Online Resources for Teachers